Our team can offer a number of expert garage door tips to help you keep your garage at peak operating condition.
Here at 31-W Insulation, we want to help you keep every part of your home in good condition. This is easier for some parts of your home than for others, as areas and fixtures that go relatively undisturbed will not wear out as fast as those that see a lot of use. One fixture that definitely sees a lot of use, and will thus need more attention in order to keep it in good repair, is the garage door. Fortunately, our team at 31-W Insulation can provide some expert garage door tips that will help you keep yours in good working order.
The first of our garage door tips is simply to pay attention as it operates day to day. Is your garage door moving smoothly, or is it jerking? Are there any unusual sounds, such as grinding or scraping? Are both sides moving in tandem, or is the bottom developing a slant? Another thing to pay attention to is the tightness of the hardware. The average garage door moves up and down more than a thousand times per year, and the repetitive motion will loosen up the workings over time. If this happens to your garage door, our team at 31-W Insulation can come tighten things up for you.
More Garage Door Tips
Safety is an important factor when it comes to your home’s garage door. Whether you have an aluminum or steel garage door, it can be quite heavy and pose a risk to your vehicle, yourself, your family, your pets, and others. Here at 31-W Insulation, we highly recommend having your garage door inspected every so often to be sure it is performing as it should. We also want to share with you a few more garage door tips that focus on safety.
- Secure the Opener- Do not leave the garage door opener where small children can get to it. That means not only securing the one in your vehicle, but also making sure the interior button is too high for them to reach and there isn’t an available chair, stepstool or other item nearby they could climb onto to reach it. Never let children play with the remote.
- Learn Emergency Release- Take the time to know how the emergency release feature works for your garage door opener and practice using it regularly to be sure it is working properly and so you can do it quickly even if you are in a high-stress situation.
- Test the Safety Reverse Mechanism- Your garage door is designed to instantly reverse if it detects an item in its path. Do not count on it working! Test it every so often by purposing laying something on the floor in its path– be sure it is something that you won’t mind being crushed if the reverse mechanism fails!
- Keep Fully Open or Fully Closed- It is not a good practice to leave your garage door partially open as you won’t know which way it will travel when activated and you are leaving your home vulnerable.
- Change the Code- The best option is to install a newer garage door opener that uses rolling-code technology. However, if yours does not have this feature, at least be sure to change it from the standard code that was set when it was manufactured.
- Secure the Garage When Traveling- If you’ll be away for a vacation or other reason, secure the garage with a special lock and unplug the garage door opener. It may inconvenience you when you return, but it will keep a criminal from accessing the largest door of your home.
One final garage door tip is to have your rollers regularly inspected and replaced as necessary. This is another service that our team at 31-W Insulation can provide. We want to help you keep every part of your home operating as it should, so if you are experiencing problems with your garage door, don’t hesitate to give us a call for some garage door tips.
Garage Door Tips in Garner, NC
Garage Door Tips in Johnson City, TN
Garage Door Tips in Orlando, FL
Garage Door Tips in Greensboro, NC
Garage Door Tips in Columbus, OH
Garage Door Tips in Bessemer, AL
Garage Door Tips in Cumming, GA