We specialize in insulation replacement services.
In every residential and commercial building, insulation is installed to provide a barrier that slows down the transfer of heat. Insulation is commonly placed between the framing and drywall of exterior walls, as well as in the upper and lower levels of a building, such as the attic and/or basement. Without enough insulation, property owners often find that their structures are never very comfortable in terms of the indoor temperature. Hot air seeps through the exposed areas during the summer months, while cold air cools down the space when it’s colder outside.
If you do have enough insulation and it’s functioning properly, count yourself lucky. You can enjoy lower energy bills and a more comfortable indoor atmosphere. However, insulation doesn’t last forever. Over time, the material can break down, which results in the need for insulation replacement. Some property owners are tempted to handle insulation replacement themselves, although this can be a dangerous, dirty, and unpleasant job. Instead of taking the risk, turn it over to our team at 31-W Insulation. We specialize in insulation replacement services.
Key Reasons for Insulation Replacement
Here at 31-W Insulation, we have dealt with thousands of clients since our start in 1972 who have issues with the insulation in their home that can best be resolved with insulation replacement. While it is sometimes possible to increase R-Value and energy-efficiency by adding insulation, sometimes removing the existing insulation first is the recommended or desired way to go. Here are the key reasons you might consider insulation replacement.
- Asbestos– If your home was built before 1980, it might have insulation that was manufactured using asbestos. While this is generally not a health hazard if left undisturbed, if you spend time in your attic to service the HVAC system or store belongings there, insulation replacement by a trained professional in asbestos remediation is a wise idea. It can also be advantageous for your peace of mind and to increase the value of your home, as you will be able to market it as asbestos-free.
- Water Damage– If you have had a leaking roof result in water-damaged insulation because it is a type that soaks up water and retains it, the only way to get back to a well-insulated home and avoid mold and mildew is with complete insulation replacement.
- Fire– Insulation also retains smoke, and while most insulation is fire-resistant, it can be damaged by the fire itself. If your home has experienced a fire, insulation replacement is recommended.
- Contamination– Rodents and insects can do more than damage the insulation. They also leave behind contaminants that are not good for the health of the home’s occupants. The best thing to do is remove the insulation, clean the area, and move forward with insulation replacement.
- Remove Excess– There is such a thing as too much insulation. If you have found that to be the case and the added weight is causing a problem, removing the excess is necessary.
Your One-Stop Shop for all Home and Commercial Projects
Some of the signs that you need insulation replacement include chilly drafts in the house, excess moisture in the attic or basement, a musty odor in the air, or even the presence of rodents, insects, and birds that can make their way in through holes in the insulation. If you spot any of these warning signs, contact us at 31-W Insulation. We’ll send a technician to your property to determine if insulation replacement is the right solution, as well as provide you with a quote for the service.
Insulation Replacement in Garner, NC
Insulation Replacement in Johnson City, TN
Insulation Replacement in Orlando, FL
Insulation Replacement in Greensboro, NC
Insulation Replacement in Columbus, OH
Insulation Replacement in Bessemer, AL
Insulation Replacement in Cumming, GA
Insulation Replacement in Tampa, FL
Insulation Replacement in Haslet, TX
Insulation Replacement in Pensacola, FL