Come to us for garage door tips to keep your garage door in optimal condition.
As you go about your daily routines, there are many parts of your home that thankfully seem to function so well, we almost forget about them. That is until there is a problem. One feature of many homes that is used frequently is the garage door. Your garage door provides safety, security and style. However, as with anything that is used frequently, regular maintenance is required in order to avoid problems and repairs.
Here are a few garage door tips for keeping your garage door in optimal condition:
- Keep pathways clear: Your garage door has tracks that keep it in place. Make sure nothing is in its path and that no overhead storage can fall on the system. Leave space on the sides near the garage door tracks.
- Keep an open eye and an open ear: One of the most important garage door tips is that if something doesn’t look or sound right, don’t ignore it. Watch the rollers and the balance. Your garage door should open smoothly without jerks or grinding sounds.
- Keep it lubricated: Making sure your garage door is well-oiled will help it to move more smoothly. Our team can help you with this step.
- Keep it open or closed: It is best for your garage door to keep it fully open or fully closed and not stop it partway in between.
- Keep us in mind: Here at 31-W Insulation, we want to help you get the most from your garage door. We can provide you with all the regular maintenance your garage door needs in order to function as expected.
For more garage door tips or to schedule regular maintenance for your Louisville, Kentucky garage door, contact us today.
Your Questions About Maintaining Your Garage Door Answered
Your garage door makes your life easier when it’s working correctly. One of the best ways to make sure your garage door works well is by making maintenance a priority, and we’ve answered some questions about maintaining your garage door down below.
What are some of your top garage door tips?
Keep pathways clear – don’t let things block your garage door’s path when you’re opening and closing it. Don’t keep your garage door partway closed. Always close it or open it fully when you’re using it.
Does my garage door need maintenance?
Like anything else in your home that you use frequently, your garage door does need maintenance. A quick once-over and tune-up can help you prevent emergency repairs later on.
Do you do garage door tune-ups?
We do! We can send one of our garage door professionals to tune up your garage door, check for any signs of damage, and complete any repairs.
How often does my garage need maintenance?
This depends on your garage door, how often you use it, the age of your garage door, and other factors. But, generally, we recommend having us come for a garage door tune-up every year or so.
How do I set up an appointment?
Setting up a garage door tune-up appointment with us only takes a few minutes. You can either call us directly or leave your details in our website form and one of our team members will get back to you.
Right here in Kentucky, we also offer garage door tips in Guthrie, Bowling Green, Nicholasville & Henderson. 31-W is also proud to serve many states throughout the Southeastern portion of the U.S. Read more about our services in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee & Texas.