If you own a home, you likely have a (if not a few) shower doors in your home. Our team of professionals here at 31-W Insulation has compiled our top dos and don’ts for shower doors.
The Dos for Shower Doors
- When installing new shower doors, do shop around for a style you like. Shower doors come in all different finishes, textiles, shapes, colors, styles and more. Use shower doors as a way to not only add function, but also beauty in your bathroom.
- In our experience, we find that homeowners are more satisfied with their shower doors when they have worked with a professional. A professional can help you find the best shower doors for you, your needs, your style, and your home. Additionally, a professional can ensure your shower doors are installed correctly the first time.
- Once you have selected and installed your shower doors, do the work to educate yourself on the best way to clean and maintain your doors. This will help ensure the quality, durability, and value of your shower doors.
- If you notice something needs to be repaired on your shower doors, do call a professional right away to get it fixed.
The Don’ts for Shower Doors
- A common mistake made by homeowners is not cleaning shower doors often enough or properly. If left uncleaned for a long period of time, shower doors can accumulate a nasty buildup of soap scum, mildew and/or mold that can be very difficult to remove and even become dangerous for your health. Additionally, do not use overly abrasive cleaners when cleaning your shower doors — this could cause damage.
- Some will absentmindedly open and close their shower doors with too much force. This could cause shower doors to shatter, damage the class, and/or damage the shower door seal. Be sure you and your family are mindful when opening and closing the shower doors.