It might surprise you to learn that your home likely does not have enough insulation. Some builders unfortunately cut costs by only putting in the minimum amount of insulation required. Adding attic insulation to your home can provide your home with many benefits, including:
- You can save money. Adding attic insulation to your home helps it to be more comfortable as well as more efficient. This can lead to reduced heating and cooling costs.
- Proper attic insulation is more efficient. When you have enough attic insulation, your HVAC system doesn’t need to work as hard for heating and cooling. With a more efficient home, you’ll find yourself more comfortable, too!
- Adding attic insulation is quick and relatively simple. Unlike other home renovations or fixes, you will find that adding attic insulation is quick project. Often done in only one day, you can get to enjoying the benefits quickly.
- The cost of attic insulation can be recouped in energy savings. Because attic insulation makes it easier to maintain a consistent temperature inside your home, you will find your HVAC does not need to work as hard. This leads to more efficiency and also energy savings.
- Your HVAC system can last longer. Efficient HVAC systems don’t run as hard, as long or as often. This allows them to generally have a longer lifespan.
- Choose your attic insulation with a professional. A professional can help you choose the best type of attic insulation for your needs. We can help you choose between batt, loose fill, and other forms of insulation.
- Don’t forget to check out rebate options. Some states will offer energy rebates for installing insulation. Make sure you check them out!
- Check with a qualified roofer before you start! Before you install attic insulation, you want to have a roofer over. A roofer will check the integrity of your roof, fix any leaks and make sure your attic is ready and dry for new insulation.
If you have questions about attic insulation for your home, please contact our experts here at 31-W Insulation today to learn more.