Getting the best insulation for your home is how you can ensure that your home is comfortable as well as efficient. Insulation replacement is a service that can be very convenient and appropriate for some homeowners, and we here at 31-W Insulation would like to help you determine if insulation replacement is right for you. Consider some of the following instances in which insulation replacement might be beneficial:
- Your insulation is made from harmful materials. Before the early 1980s (and in some homes after this period), insulation occasionally contained harmful materials that were fire-retardant, such as asbestos. This can be a carcinogenic material, meaning it needs to be replaced by professionals.
- Your home has recently suffered water damage. If your roof or walls have leaked and suffered water damage, then the insulation should be replaced. Insulation holds moisture in and can help facilitate mold growth.
- The insulation you have is inadequate or ineffective. When your insulation is substandard, then your space might still feel chilled or drafty on a cold day. Choosing insulation that is effective can sometimes be done with simple insulation addition or replacement.
- Your insulation has been damaged by fire. Insulation damaged by fire is unable to hold many of its insulative properties. Furthermore, the smell of smoke can permeate with this type of damage.
- Rodents or pests have invaded the space. Some types of insulation allow for pests and rodent infiltration more easily. When these pests invade, they leave droppings, and it is best to replace the insulation along with a call to pest control.
- The type of insulation you have was installed in a way that allows for settling. Batt insulation or fill insulation can settle over time. If your home is on the older side, it might be time for insulation replacement to ensure your home is properly insulated.
- Your energy bills are unusually high. Insulation isn’t something that many builders want to invest highly in. If you feel that your home is too new to be this inefficient, then it might be time to consider insulation replacement.
There are many reasons why you might be considering insulation replacement. If you would like to learn more about these services, our team is here to assist you.