Is your home properly insulated? Let us help you with insulation varieties and services for maximum comfort.
Did you know that nearly 9/10 homes are suffering from inadequate insulation? Insulation only needs to be done to a bare minimum to keep a home warm enough to prevent damages, so that is usually the only amount of insulation that is installed. While this will keep pipes from freezing and prevent ice from forming on the roof in cold climates, it doesn’t create an efficient environment for your home. Here at 31-W Insulation, we want to make sure your home is as comfortable and efficient as possible with our variety of insulation services, such as:
- Insulation Replacement
- Attic Insulation
- Home Insulation
- Insulation Installation
This is just a sampling of the insulation services that we offer with the many different types of insulation that we are able to help our customers choose. With choices such as batt insulation, cellulose insulation, spray foam insulation, fiberglass insulation, and blown insulation, you’ll have plenty of choices to choose from so that every nook and cranny of your Garner, North Carolina area home can be properly insulated.
6 Signs Your Home Needs an Insulation Upgrade
At 31-W Insulation, we understand you may be searching for any means to lessen the utility bill for your Garner, North Carolina home. What you may not realize is that rising bills aren’t just an indication that the power company has raised their rates. It could also be that your home’s insulation is wearing out or has become damaged. Here are some signs that your home needs an insulation upgrade:
- Utility Increase: Rather than checking the amount of the bill against the same period the previous year, consider the actual amount of power used. Be sure to compensate if there were more billing days or the weather has been significantly different. You can find historical weather information online to research that.
- Cold/Hot Spots: If you have rooms that are significantly hotter or colder than other rooms and that wasn’t always the case, you could need an insulation upgrade, although ductwork and HVAC issues could also be to blame.
- Uncomfortable: If you have noticed that you have to adjust the thermostat by 2 degrees or more from the temperature at which you used to comfortable, the HVAC system could be laboring due to an insulation problem.
- Attic Moisture: If you are noticing increased humidity in your home or even water coming through a ceiling, it may not necessarily be a roof issue. It could be an insulation issue instead.
- Ice Dams: Insulation problems in the attic allow heat to melt snow on the roof that drips to the colder edges and then freezes, resulting in ice dams that damage the roof. If you notice an ice dam situation, you should call right away to have the insulation assessed.
- Pests: If you notice pests in your home, they have likely damaged your insulation by building nests. Of course, you’ll need to send the pests packing, but once you do, get the insulation fixed.
With many years of experience working with insulation, our experts here at 31-W Insulation can ensure that your home is getting the proper insulation for the area and also for your budget. We have been working with customers just like you for decades, and we have the experience that is needed in order to take care of your insulation needs. For questions about insulation for your home, just give us a call today!
Right here in North Carolina, we also offer insulation in Concord, Greensboro & Conover. 31w is also proud to serve many states throughout the Southeastern portion of the U.S. Read more about our services in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee & Texas.