When you need attic insulation in Garner, turn to us at 31-W Insulation.
Are you wondering if you have enough attic insulation in your Garner, North Carolina home? If the thought has crossed your mind, turn to our experts at 31-W Insulation. We are home improvement specialists, offering our expertise and experience to homeowners across the South since 1972, and we will be happy to help you determine if you need more insulation to protect your home, reduce energy expenditures, and save money.
Here are some signs that it may be time to consider replacing the attic insulation in your Garner home:
- You have to constantly adjust your thermostat to adequately heat or cool your home.
- You notice your HVAC unit is running constantly, regardless of the season, in order to keep your home at comfortable temperatures.
- You find that your monthly utility bill keeps increasing despite your efforts to consume less energy.
If you decide it’s time to evaluate the state of your attic insulation, we can help. Our representative will come to your home, provide you with a complimentary evaluation, and present you with options. We offer all types of insulation, including fiberglass or rock and slag wool batts, fiberglass rolls, blown-in cellulose, and spray foam insulation. You can be sure that our skilled technicians are some of the finest in the industry and have the training and experience to provide superior installation services that will leave you completely satisfied.
Can You Add New Attic Insulation Over Existing Layers?
At 31-W Insulation, the question about adding new attic insulation over existing layers is one that we hear on almost every project. The answer is “it depends” because every situation is different and we need to inspect your attic insulation before we can give you an accurate answer. However, there are a few things we can share with you to give you a better understanding of when it is possible and when the old insulation at your Garner, North Carolina home should definitely be removed first.
- Is it wet? If the existing insulation is wet, it needs to be removed to avoid wood rot of your ceiling and rafters, as well as mold growth. Depending on the type of insulation, getting wet has likely ruined it, so it isn’t doing its job anyway.
- What is being installed? The question becomes whether the old insulation and new insulation will “play nice together.” For example, you can put batt or rolled insulation, or even blown insulation, on top of old insulation, but there are other combinations that don’t work as well.
- Was the original insulation installed properly? Every now and then, we see a couple of layers of batt or roll insulation that are now trapping moisture. It is important to have this removed prior to upgrading the attic insulation. We have also seen other mistakes made that can only be rectified by removing the insulation before putting in new attic insulation.
- Is there space? Sometimes the solution for added energy efficiency is changing to a type of attic insulation that creates the desired R-value with less thickness, but if there isn’t room to add anything, something has to be removed first.
For more information about attic insulation and to schedule a free consultation, contact us at 31-W Insulation today. We proudly offer our exceptional home improvement services including garage door installation to homeowners in Garner and all neighboring communities.
Right here in North Carolina, we also offer attic insulation in Concord, Greensboro & Conover. 31w is also proud to serve many states throughout the Southeastern portion of the U.S. Read more about our services in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee & Texas.