When you consider the different materials used to construct garage doors, as well as the different styles and insulation options, you’ll find that there are more types of garage doors than you expected. To help you make an informed decision about which garage door is best for you, our team at 31-W Insulation has put together this guide to the most popular options.
- Steel Garage Doors – Steel garage doors are highly durable and are a great way to give your home some additional security. They can also be easily painted if you ever feel like giving your exterior a new look.
- Aluminum Garage Doors – Aluminum is easy to emboss, which means that aluminum garage doors have a wide variety of design options to choose from. This material is also highly resistant to rust and corrosion, which means your garage door will last a long time.
- Insulated Garage Doors – Insulated garage doors impede the flow of heat energy, which helps keep your home more comfortable year-round. They’re also great for reducing noise from the street.
- Raised-Panel Garage Doors – Raised-panel garage doors are a consistently popular choice, and they have an elegance that can’t be beat.
- Contemporary Garage Doors – If you want something with some more modern flair, you can choose contemporary garage doors, which feature flat panels and sharp, clean lines.
- Carriage House Garage Doors – These garage doors are sometimes called barn garage doors because of the way they swing outwards. They are a great choice if you want a more useable space in your garage, or if you like their rustic charm.