Is your home properly insulated? As insulation professionals with tons of experience, we know the signs that indicate your home is properly insulated. If these qualities don’t apply to your home, it’s time to call us for an insulation assessment!
- Reasonable energy bills—If your energy bills are reasonable and they don’t fluctuate too much every season from year to year, your insulation is doing its job.
- Even temperatures—One good sign that your home has enough insulation is if different rooms throughout your house are usually the same temperature. Lack of proper insulation can result in different rooms being too cold or too hot.
- Warm and dry ceilings and floors—The interior ceilings, floors, and walls of your home should feel warm and dry to the touch. If instead they feel cold and damp to the touch, you could probably benefit from more insulation.
- Lack of drafts—A drafty home is a poorly insulated home. If you don’t notice drafts in your home, especially in the winter, your insulation is likely up to par.
- Minimal problems with critters—One unfortunate side-effect of not having enough insulation in your home is that your spaces will be prone to vermin invasions.
- A clean, dry attic—Water has a much easier time finding its way into a poorly insulated attic than one that is properly insulated. Leaks in your attic mean you should replace your insulation as soon as possible!
- No problems with ice dams or frozen pipes—Ice dams and frozen pipes in the winter are two signs of poor insulation. Add more insulation to your home, and it will be much less likely you’ll run into these issues.