Pros and Cons of Foam Insulation Installed in Your Oklahoma City, OK, Home
When weighing the pros and cons of installing foam insulation in your Oklahoma City, Oklahoma home, you will be pleased to discover that the benefits far outnumber the drawbacks of this superior insulating material.
- Exceptional energy efficiency – Because this insulation is sprayed on as a foam, it can access the tiny nooks and crannies in your home that result in heat transference, which, for most homeowners, results in reduced heating and cooling bills.
- A stronger structure – Because it dries to a solid substance, foam insulation increases the efficiency of your home’s foundation, resulting in sturdier walls that also create a sound barrier against outside noise.
- Cleaner home environment – Another advantage of sealing the small holes in your home is a reduction in the amount of outside pollutants that can enter. Closing these holes potentially makes breathing easier for asthma or allergy sufferers.
- It’s more expensive than conventional insulating materials – While foam insulation is more expensive to install than traditional insulation, like cellulose or fiberglass, most homeowners recoup the cost of installation when they sell their homes. That’s because spray foam does not settle or degrade, which means it will never have to be replaced – a feature home buyers find very appealing.
- Usually requires professional installation – Because foam insulation is a precise mixture of two chemical components, it requires specific measurements and special care in handling and applying. Most homeowners opt for professional installation which can increase the overall cost of adding new insulation to your home.
If you’re like most people who think the many benefits of spray insulation make it a worthwhile investment, contact the professionals at 31-W Insulation. We have been helping homeowners with their insulation needs since 1972. We will be happy to provide you with a free consultation and answer any questions you may have about installing foam insulation in your Oklahoma City, OK, home.